08 March 2006

lost and found




I was doing some photo filing, and I came across this image. It was taken during the making of project/kria. That's me there in the background, and Lissette in the front. What an awesome experience to have such wonderful people help me to create images which had haunted me. Just wanted to share one from the archival lost and found.

The series that became of this private performance are the visual outpourings of a "near car accident." A piece of road debris flew up from the pavement on the highway and catapulted through my windshield. Luckily, it lodged itself on the dash, and I was okay. Needless to say, I was shaken. For weeks, everytime I closed my eyes, I saw flashes of the photographs I needed to create. There are several times when I have had such clear ideas of what I needed to do, and this was one of them. Within 3 weeks of the incident, the project was complete. My intention was to create the visions that I had; only later on did I complete an analysis of the symbology and name the piece.

No comments: